Increase your skills and comfort in diagnosing and treating osteoarthritis, low back pain, rheumatoid arthritis and juvenile idiopathic arthritis. The training, tools and resources provided in this module also highlight the importance of patient education and self-management in achieving optimal health outcomes.
Musculoskeletal conditions can be difficult to identify and manage. In this learning module, you will gain the knowledge, tools, and resources to expedite diagnosis, assess psycho-social needs, help patients deal with pain, and develop patients’ self-management skills. The module focuses on four of the most common conditions: osteoarthritis, low back pain, rheumatoid arthritis and juvenile idiopathic arthritis
You will learn how to:
• Identify red flags and make a correct diagnosis;
• Implement new approaches for improving chronic disease management;
• Move the practice from reactive, episodic care to a planned, proactive approach;
• Use patient registries and an automated patient recall system;
• Enhance overall communication with patients;
• Provide patients with education about their condition and effective self-management, and
• Improve collaboration with specialists, allied health professionals and community-based resources.
While the Musculoskeletal module was developed with family doctors in mind, medical office assistants are welcome to participate.